Thursday, September 10, 2015

Back Home Again in Indiana/Ohio

August 29
Saturday

Have been too busy with relatives to blog but thought you deserved a break from reading it.

I'm in the area for my 55th high school reunion at Richmond, Indiana on Sept 10 - 11 but will be visiting relatives until then.

Arrived in New Paris, Ohio at my cousin Carol Sue's place in the country for some driveway surfing.
The corn is as high as an elephant's eye but sadly there wasn't much of it due to heavy rains all spring and summer. I only managed a few meals of the yummy stuff. There is nothing like Indiana corn!




Carol Sue's place in the country is becoming too much work after 31 years so she is selling it and moving closer into town.









Her grandkids were all there helping to sort and pack for the move.

Levi, Derek, Carol Sue, Dalton and friend Alyssa.








soybeans turning yellow











Dogs in the Doodle!

They like to hang out with me when I have the door open....

Carol Sue, Lucy and Roxie












Cousins lunch in Kettering with Aunt Faye, her dtr Marianne, me and Becky.










Marianne and Jim's farm outside Arcanum, Ohio










downtown New Paris, Ohio

Everywhere small towns have flags out all summer.
Wonder if they will be left up after Labor Day.







A monthly reunion of the Little family at Little Sheba's restaurant in Richmond.
Carol Sue's uncle Bill on the left lives is Florida in the winter so I plan to visit him in Ft Myers when I'm there.



Stayed every other night in an RV park near New Paris to be out from under foot for Carol Sue while she gets her home ready to sell.

 I went out to dinner with these folks.






Dennis, Don, Betty and Judy and of course Abby who kept things lively by barking at passing dogs.

So many nice people in RV parks, I have absolutely no worries about safety.





Don and Betty picked me up in their truck so I wouldn't need to unhook everything. They tow their vehicle behind their motorhome.
I asked Don what kind of mileage he got on his rig and he said "28 miles to the gallon".  When I told him that was hard to believe considering its size, he said "do the math,  the truck I tow gets 20 mpg and the motorhome gets 8, so that's 28!"   hahahaha!
















5 comments:

  1. Liz, we have a close friend who grew up in Richmond IN - his 79th B-Day is Sept 12 - doubt you crossed paths (Ron Kauper) as he's a bit older than you. Another friend WAS Jim Enloe, (College sweetheart), also from Richmond..... Yea, I remember the SUPERIOR corn, OH & IN......how fun visiting family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in Indiana July 4 weekend for my 50th high school reunion. I graduated from Greensburg Community High School but also visited Columbus and Nashville while there for the reunion. It was wonderful to be there, seeing all the people and old places. Hope you are having as good a time as I did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing You A HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIZ !!!
    "You are so thought about/talked about here at the Villages"
    Happy Travels!
    Mishel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cousins! Corn! Carol Sue! I think you're having a good trip. XOXO

    ReplyDelete