Thursday, August 27, 2015

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

August 26
Wednesday

I'm losing it! Spent last night without my phone so couldn't make calls. It wouldn't charge even tho plugged into the outlet in the Doodle. So read instead. Just before going to bed decided to go out and see if the cord was securely in the electric post. It was, but I hadn't flipped the switch to turn it on! Did so and my phone started to charge.  Honestly, I wonder if I'll even be able to find my way home when this trip is over!!!


In Cleveland to see the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and was struck by how much it looked like San Francisco but without the hills, sitting by Lake Erie.








If I didn't know better I could have been at the Louvre in Paris, the R&R Museum looked so much like the I.M. Pei glass triangle entrance of that great museum, but on a larger scale.









City views from the plaza.








Spent several hours inside soaking up the good vibes from all the greats, Elvis, the Beatles, Rolling Stones, Paul Simon.










Early Stones, I almost didn't recognize Mick.









Art Garfunkel and Paul Simon when they were still Tom and Jerry.











Paul wrote Art that he has a new song called "Bobbie".
Wonder what happened to it.










Great original costumes.














This is what happens when you give your phone to an old person to take a picture.
The don't run fast so they aren't going to steal it, but they are shaky and this is the result.

I looked at it before he left and said it was OK because I didn't want to embarrass him but intended to wait till he left and ask someone else to take another. But he kept hanging around and then I forgot.

This is Elvis' gold lame tuxedo, of course.









Les Paul and Mary Ford. We used to watch them on the Grand Old Opry on TV in Indiana.










Cafe on top floor. 
Great views.














Rolling Stones covers.
Forgot they started in San Francisco in 1967 and 10 years later moved to New York.




























Parked at a lot by the Lake.























Had lunch at this shipping  container that has been, as the sign says, turned into a culinary hot spot.
Good food.







Fun day rockin' down Memory Lane.






5 comments:

  1. "Bobbie" was too clunky so they renamed it "Cecelia".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like "Bobbie" better. Great Hall of Fame pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We puzzled over you referring to Simon & Garfunkle as "Tom & Jerry" - until - we read about their collaboration on Wickipedia !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Make that "Garfunkel" & "Wikipedia "

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looked like a fun day Aunt Liz!!!....Bobbie is a great name,but i gotta say I love the name Cecelia!!!!....♡♡♡Debbie...xo

    ReplyDelete