Thursday, July 30, 2015

Niagra Falls

July 25

Drove to Niagra, Ont. to stay in my first KOA. Opened the laptop to put finishing touches on the Toronto blog and discovered it was gone, disappeared! Maddening! Apparently the save feature wasn't working. So started all over.
 Several hours later, finished with the blog, it began to sprinkle. I had planned to see the Falls but thought it would be redundant standing there in the rain looking at the Falls. Went anyway on the campground shuttle and sun came out enroute.


It takes your breath away seeing that cavernous drop of water, like seeing the Grand Canyon for the first time.
There are two falls, the American, on the US side, which is this one, and the Horseshoe Falls which are on the Canadian side. 









Took too many photos again.






A regular carnival atmosphere exists in the adjoining area which includes a bowling alley, wax museum and nearly anything else you can imagine. 

Who would go to Niagra Falls to go bowling?!
Maybe honeymooners who need to give it a rest.

  



Sitting on the lawn having a lunch of Sushi, I realized I had forgotten Bob's ashes. He would have loved this, so I will return tomorrow and we can see the Falls together.






Sunday morning at KOA campgrounds always include a pancake breakfast for the residents. Sat and visited with a Connecticut couple who gave me lots of ideas for how to see New York City.

Traveling alone makes me ready to talk to people at RV Parks, restaurants, or where ever. If I had a dog with me to talk to that wouldn't happen so much.


Driving myself to the Falls, I decided to a try another perspective so took the Skylon Tower for some photos from the top.



















Drove the short distance to Buffalo where I had lunch at a DDD diner, The Lake Effect, on Main Street.



If a diner is busy in a small town you know it's good. It was busy in this very big town so it must be very good. It was also friendly and cheap. Perfect!


Had a $9 breakfast of Italian omelette. Yummy!

3 comments:

  1. I love it that you are stopping at DDD diners. We have always talked about doing that. Are the meals as great as Guy makes them look on his show? Also, love Niagara Falls. Haven't been there for years - since I was a young girl - but plan to go back soon. Duane has never been and it is on his bucket list for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you can NEVER have too many photos!
    Was at Niagra Falls as a young child, lo those decades ago, but not since. Spectacular!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Carol, not possible to take too many pics! And image -- Niagara Falls looks like the Grand Canyon WITH water! Like a two-fer!

    ReplyDelete